Vice President of Operations (Midwestern United States)
Vice President of Operations (Midwestern United States) Position Overview
The Vice President of Operations (Midwestern United States) is ultimately responsible for managing all aspects of implementing and constructing projects for our client, an Electrical Contractor with Commercial, Industrial, Institutional, Hospitality, Healthcare, and Residential projects.
Vice President of Operations Responsibilities
- Advanced planning for projects with the project team.
- Support the executive team and Business Development Manager in the selection of projects to be pursued.
- Customer and subcontractor contract management
- Hire, manage and measure resources including labor, equipment, and subcontractors
- Direct, measure, and report progress towards project goals
- Manage and mentor project managers and site superintendents
- Ensure proper closeout of projects
- Communicate with customers project status and diplomatically handle customer concerns
- Assist business development in the proposal process to ensure customer deadlines are met
- Meet or beat project budgets
- Anticipate and minimize cost overruns
- Regular review of project financial performance
Vice President of Operations Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction or equivalent relevant experience
- Track record of successfully managing operations for electrical construction.
- Union background or experience preferred.
- Understanding of Project accounting and controls
- Risk assessment policies and procedures
- Able to resolve staffing issues, customer issues, or 3rd party issues that may arise
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to travel when required
Vice President of Operations Compensation
- Competitive salary and bonus dependent on experience and work history
- Comprehensive employee benefits
- Relocation assistance is available
To view other Business Operations opportunities, please click HERE