VDC/BIM Technician (Fort Lauderdale, Florida)
VDC/BIM Technician (Fort Lauderdale, Florida) Overview:
The VDC/BIM Technician (Fort Lauderdale, Florida) is responsible for providing drafting and 3D modeling services to the Preconstruction Department. The technician will implement our coordination process on projects within the department as defined by the VP of Pre-construction and VDC Lead.
Willing to train qualified electricians (licensed journeyman, electrical foremen) with knowledge of CAD/Revit.
VDC/BIM Technician Responsibilities
- Design innovative electrical components/systems for commercial and industrial projects in Revit/Evolve 3D
- Acquire design intent, information, and models that will be used as a backdrop for constructability modeling
- Review models, drawings, and details for accuracy and consistency
- Implement revisions and make changes and adjustments as required
- Assemble composite design models for coordination and clash detection meetings
- Generate design documentation and sheets for fabrication and/or construction
- Create fabrication level of detail modeling and element detailing
VDC/BIM Technician Qualifications
- Previous electrical field experience required, understanding of MEP systems.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of and proven practical background in Autodesk Revit, Evolve Electrical, Navisworks, and related Building Information Modeling software (willing to train qualified electricians)
VDC/BIM Technician Compensation
- Competitive compensation package dependent on experience and work history.
- Premium employee benefits package.