VDC Manager (San Jose, California) Position Overview:
The VDC Manager (San Jose, California) provides overall direction of BIM activities in assigned areas including BIM implementation, integration, development, maintenance, training, design interface, design quality, and identification of potential liabilities and/or concerns.
VDC Manager Responsibilities:
- Analyze the BIM requirements of every project and plan for implementation.
- Facilitate and maintain the BIM Execution plan.
- Oversee and mentor staff to grow BIM team.
- Manage day to day operations of the BIM team including scheduling, training and coordinating.
- Evaluate, lead, and configure detailing teams for each project.
- Contribute to and oversee the development of a cost-effective/constructible model.
- Practice accountability with detailers and drafters, report cost to complete of the BIM work.
- Plan the department sustained training. Prepare training sessions.
- Monitor manpower resources correlated with the workload
- Monitor progress on designated projects and ensure deliverables are being completed on schedule.
VDC Manager Qualifications:
- 4-year college degree as well as 10+ years of relevant experience on large commercial projects
- Must have an in-depth working knowledge of current BIM versions
- Ability to use time productively and meet challenging work goals
- Must have PC experience in Windows environments, working knowledge of word, excel, spreadsheets, e-mail, web-enabled applications, and database software
- Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued education on BIM
VDC Manager Compensation:
- Dependent on experience and work history.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
To view other opportunities in California, click HERE
To view other Preconstruction opportunities, click HERE