VDC Director (Minneapolis, Minnesota) Position Overview:
The VDC Director (Minneapolis, Minnesota) will establish long-term strategy, and provide operational leadership for both national and regional Virtual Design and Construction teams. The VDC Director will provide thought leadership and manage the collaboration of VDC and building information modeling (BIM) projects to ensure project success and client satisfaction.
VDC Director Responsibilities:
- Establishes strategy and defines processes for both national and regional VDC activities.
- Directs and supervises each regional VDC Director to ensure each regional design entity’s overall quality and accuracy of work is in compliance with standards and processes.
- Develops BIM execution plans, project staffing plans and maintains an active voice of leadership as an expert on primary VDC capabilities.
- Oversees the quality of national project deliverables, document production, and scope of work details.
- Coordinates with senior leadership to create and manage an annual financial budget for VDC.
- Defines VDC recoverability, profitability, and required metrics at various stages of the project lifecycle.
VDC Director Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in architecture, engineering, construction management, or a related field.
- 10+ years of electrical construction experience in BIM, design/build estimating, and VDC work, with a concentration in large commercial construction projects.
- Experience managing people.
- Proficient in using Autodesk-based modeling/management applications such as Revit, along with Bluebeam and Microsoft Office software.
VDC Director Compensation:
- Dependent on experience and work history.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
To view other opportunities in Minnesota, click HERE
To view other Preconstruction opportunities, click HERE