VDC BIM Electrical Designer (Houston, Texas) Position Overview:
Goliath Construction Consulting, Inc is a national electrical construction search firm recruiting for the nation’s top electrical contractors, engineering firms, and systems-focused organizations. Goliath has been retained to fill this position on behalf of our client.
The VDC BIM Electrical Designer (Houston, Texas) will provide electrical design and BIM coordination for electrical construction projects. A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required. This role interacts with various departments within the company as well as with other disciplines outside of the company.
VDC BIM Electrical Designer Responsibilities
- Develop conceptual or detailed electrical designs in power distribution, lighting, low voltage systems instrumentation, and controls for a variety of industries. (Commercial, Healthcare, Power, Industrial, and Tele/Data)
- Apply thorough knowledge of the National Electrical Code and other applicable building codes to design projects.
- Gathers and requests specific information from other design disciplines necessary to move forward and complete the electrical design on schedule.
- Develop the electrical design so that it can be inputted into the CAD system or BIM model. Check all designs prepared by the design team for quality and accuracy.
VDC BIM Electrical Designer Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in Revit MEP modeling/coordination and clash detection for electrical construction projects.
- Experience in electrical power distribution, lighting, and installation.
- Proficiency and knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit MEP.
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Code and other Building Codes.
VDC BIM Electrical Designer Compensation
- Dependent on experience and work history.
To view other opportunities in Preconstruction, click HERE
To view other opportunities in Texas, click HERE