Senior Electrical Project Manager – Data Center (Phoenix, Arizona) Position Overview:
The Senior Electrical Project Manager – Data Center (Phoenix, Arizona) is responsible for the overall direction and execution of specific construction projects consistent with company strategy, core values, project commitments and project goals. This position requires the successful candidate to possess strong organizational, negotiation, financial, and communication skills.
Senior Electrical Project Manager – Data Center Responsibilities:
- Plan and organize projects.
- Effectively supervises a staff in the day to day administration of a project.
- Negotiate & resolve issues related to Change Orders, Requests for Information, Contract Scope of Work in a timely manner.
- Maintain rapport with architects, engineers, and general contractors to ensure customer satisfaction, quality of service and long-term relations.
- Attend/participate in project meetings and conference calls.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (progress billing, rental equipment, income/expenses) to protect the company’s interest.
- Manage all closeout procedures including: documentation, filing, record drawings, construction cost database input, follow-up marketing and team debriefing.
- Provide coaching and counseling to field supervision on a daily basis to ensure each projects success.
- Must understand the commissioning and close out processes as it pertains to Data Centers.
- Drive division profitability through effective project execution.
Senior Electrical Project Manager – Data Center Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience with large commercial projects, preferably with mission critical/data center projects
- Understanding of Mission Critical terminology and creation of Method of Procedures (MOP’s)
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to manage/run multiple projects as required.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (Prolog or similar), accounting cost management software (CMIC or similar), and scheduling software (Microsoft Project, Primavera or similar).
- Must possess a firm knowledge and be fluent in estimating.
Senior Electrical Project Manager – Data Center Compensation:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Recognition programs
- Relocation assistance opportunities may be available.