Senior Electrical Estimator – Solar/Renewable Energy (United States) Position Overview
The Senior Electrical Estimator – Solar/Renewable Energy (United States) will participate in all aspects of the bid/estimating/procurement/design process from review of plans and specifications to soliciting and negotiating prices from subcontractors/suppliers through completion of bid/estimating efforts including closeout. You will also perform quantity take-offs, pricing, scoping, and bidding of utility-scale solar construction projects.
Senior Electrical Estimator Responsibilities
- Lead, manage, and prepare various types of estimates for solar projects up to $150 million in size from conception through the start of construction
- Have an understanding of civil/structural estimating as well as EPC contracting
- Identify parts of project that may be key to making a competitive estimate.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, and attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Evaluate possible areas for potential value engineering cost savings.
- Ensure all working documents and data are maintained to back-up estimate figures.
- Prepare detailed listing of material and equipment items for the estimate and to obtain quotes.
- Draft scope/proposal letters for bid and negotiated projects.
- After the successful bid at project turnover, meet with the Project Management departments to fully explain job scope, potential areas of attention and other aspects for the successful transition of the project.
Senior Electrical Estimator Qualifications
- 5+ years of utility-scale solar estimating experience.
- General knowledge of negotiated bids, hard bids, and GMP processes.
- Proficient in Estimating programs
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
Senior Electrical Estimator Compensation
- Highly competitive compensation package dependent on experience and work history.
- Premium employee benefits package
- Relocation assistance opportunities may be available.
To view other opportunities in Estimating, click HERE