Senior Electrical Estimator (Raleigh, North Carolina) Position Overview:
The Senior Electrical Estimator (Raleigh, North Carolina) is responsible for helping identify new business opportunities and preparing and overseeing the preparation of estimates for commercial and industrial construction projects. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and communication skills and be able to interact effectively with internal and external customers at all levels.
Senior Electrical Estimator Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with general contractors and customers.
- Proactively identifies and vets new business opportunities.
- Visits job sites to obtain information for scope definition and estimating.
- Meets with general contractors and customers to further understand needs.
- Prepares or oversees the development or completion of detailed scope documents, RFPs, RFIs, quotes, and estimates.
- Participates in pre-bid, post-bid, and project take-off meetings.
- Periodically attends project status meetings and site visits.
- Ensures an effective hand-off to internal partners upon completion of the estimating process.
- Maintains a strong understanding of market factors (pricing, materials, labor, etc.).
- Utilizes internal systems to maintain project documentation and historical trends.
Senior Electrical Estimator Qualifications
- Prior experience estimating electrical projects.
- Design/build experience preferred.
- Must be accurate, possess attention to detail, and be proactive in pointing out potential issues.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Senior Electrical Estimator Compensation
- Dependent on experience and work history.
- Benefits include health, dental, life, disability, and employer-matched 401k.
To view other opportunities in North Carolina, click HERE
To view other Estimating opportunities, click HERE