Senior Electrical Estimator (Bakersfield, California)
Senior Electrical Estimator (Bakersfield, California) Position Overview:
The Senior Electrical Estimator (Bakersfield, California) is responsible for overseeing the preparation of estimates for mid-size to large construction projects. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and communication skills and be able to interact effectively with internal and external customers at all levels.
Senior Electrical Estimator Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with general contractors and customers.
- Works closely with Prefabrication Team to identify additional cost savings and opportunities to avoid risk
- Visits job sites to obtain information for scope definition and estimating.
- Prepares or oversees the development or completion of detailed scope documents, RFPs, RFIs, quotes, and estimates.
- Participates in pre-bid, post-bid, and project take-off meetings.
- Periodically attends project status meetings and site visits.
- Ensures an effective hand-off to construction team upon completion of the estimating process.
- Maintains a strong understanding of market factors (pricing, materials, labor, etc.).
- Utilizes internal systems to maintain project documentation and historical trends.
- Mentor estimating team.
Senior Electrical Estimator Qualifications
- 5+ years of Electrical Estimating Experience (Commercial, industrial, and public projects)
- McCormick or other Estimating Software Experience
- Design/build experience required.
Senior Electrical Estimator Compensation
- Dependent on experience and work history.
- Benefits include health, dental, life, disability, and employer-matched 401k.