Senior Electrical Design Engineer (St. Louis, Missouri) Position Overview:
Goliath Construction Consulting, Inc is a national electrical construction search firm recruiting for the nation’s top electrical contractors, engineering firms and systems focused organizations. Goliath has been retained to fill this position on behalf of our client.
The Senior Electrical Design Engineer (St. Louis, Missouri) will develop and prepare detailed electrical engineering and construction installation documents, in addition to providing engineering support during the construction phase of projects to project management and field installation employees.
Senior Electrical Design Engineer Responsibilities
- Develop conceptual or detailed electrical designs in power distribution, lighting, low voltage systems instrumentation and controls for a variety of industries. (Commercial, Healthcare, Power, Industrial, and Tele/Data)
- Apply thorough knowledge of the National Electrical Code and other applicable building codes to design projects.
- Gathers and requests specific information from other design disciplines necessary to move forward and complete the electrical design on schedule.
- Performs engineering calculations and studies for such items as power distribution system design, short circuit and coordination studies, lighting levels and coordination, etc.
- Develop the electrical design so that it can be inputted into the CAD system or BIM model. Check all designs prepared by design team for quality and accuracy.
- Prepares project design guidelines and scopes of work, specifications, cable pull schedules, reports and letters etc.
- Responsible for providing required quantity of completed design documents to proper persons or inspection authorities.
- Consults with vendors and reviews project shop drawings for design accuracy and contract requirements.
- Lead design teams of 1 to 8 engineers, designers and CAD/BIM technicians
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the project design team.
Senior Electrical Design Engineer Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 10+ years of applicable experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the Electrical Construction industry, relevant work experience required.
- Willingness to travel in support of the site specific needs and staffing.
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Code and other Building Codes
- Proficiency in Autodesk products including AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP, Revit, and Navis Works
- Working knowledge of Engineering or design software including SKM, ETAP or Trimble.
- Professional PE License a plus
Senior Electrical Design Engineer Compensation
- Dependent on experience and work history.