Regional Electrical Engineering Manager (Tampa, Florida) Position Overview:
The Regional Electrical Engineering Manager (Tampa, Florida) will develop and prepare detailed electrical engineering and construction installation documents, in addition to providing engineering support during the construction phase of projects to project management and field installation employees.
Regional Electrical Engineering Manager Responsibilities
- Develop conceptual or detailed electrical designs in power distribution, lighting, low voltage systems instrumentation and controls for the multifamily industry.
- Apply thorough knowledge of the National Electrical Code and other applicable building codes to design projects.
- Gathers and requests specific information from other design disciplines necessary to move forward and complete the electrical design on schedule.
- Performs engineering calculations and studies for such items as power distribution system design, short circuit and coordination studies, lighting levels and coordination, etc.
- Develop the electrical design so that it can be inputted into the CAD system or BIM model. Check all designs prepared by design team for quality and accuracy.
- Prepares project design guidelines and scopes of work, specifications, cable pull schedules, reports and letters etc.
- Responsible for providing required quantity of completed design documents to proper persons or inspection authorities.
- Consults with vendors and reviews project shop drawings for design accuracy and contract requirements.
- Lead design teams of 1 to 8 engineers, designers and CAD/BIM technicians
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the project design team.
Regional Electrical Engineering Manager Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 10+ years of applicable experience.
- Professional PE License required.
- 4 year Electrical/Architectural Engineering degree from ABET accredited program or equivalent required.
- Experience managing and mentoring an engineering staff.
- Strong working knowledge of the Electrical Construction industry, relevant work experience required.
Regional Electrical Engineering Manager Compensation
- Dependent on experience and work history.