Preconstruction Coordinator (Tampa, FL)
Preconstruction Coordinator (Tampa, FL) Position Overview:
The Preconstruction Coordinator (Tampa, FL) plays an integral role in completing construction projects successfully and is primarily responsible for providing detailed coordination and installation designs for all electrical systems. The Electrical Preconstruction Coordinator closely interacts with project management and customers on a regular basis to provide innovative solutions and solve conflicts in a cost-effective manner.
Preconstruction Coordinator Responsibilities
- Lead for multiple projects in preconstruction phases; this position may oversee others.
- Provide coordination and design for temporary power, power, systems, lighting, distribution, equipment sizing layout, value engineering, peer review, and job site coordination.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant codes and standards; ensure compliance.
- Review load, voltage drop, short circuit, and lighting calculations.
- Coordinate with the project management team and discuss the implications of design decisions.
- Develop coordination and installation drawings per established standards.
- Coordinate with clients, consultants, and project personnel; attend project meetings.
- Review legal contracts, scopes of work, specifications, plans, and pertinent jurisdictional codes: design code and contract compliant, cost-effective systems.
Preconstruction Coordinator Requirements
- Three years of relevant electrical experience.
- Experience as an MEP coordinator or superintendent with a general contractor is preferred, but not required.
- Must have excellent knowledge of the NEC and be familiar with IBC, IECC, and life safety codes.
- Ability to prioritize and require minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preconstruction Coordinator Compensation
- Dependent on experience and work history.
- Premium employee benefits.
- Relocation is available.