Payroll Administrator (Detroit, Michigan) Overview:
The Payroll Administrator (Detroit, Michigan) is responsible for full-cycle payroll processing to ensure employees are paid accurately and on time; and administration of benefits management. This position is responsible for processing and distributing information about payroll and benefits. The ideal candidate will have union and prevailing wage experience.
Payroll Administrator Responsibilities
- Accurately process data for new hires, terminations, rate changes, position changes, etc.
- Maintain employee leave balances, benefit payroll deductions and garnishments.
- Stay updated on union and prevailing wage regulations for compliance.
- Run and provide payroll reports to appropriate team members.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies and irregularities.
- Provide timesheet support to employees and managers.
- Collect and validate employee data for input into the payroll system for pay calculation.
- Verify the payroll and calculation results.
- Administer the processes to issue the physical paychecks.
- Generate the payroll tax file and verify mandated returns and remittances for all employees and the employer payroll taxes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Payroll Administrator Qualifications
- Proven payroll experience with union and prevailing wages expertise
- Demonstrated understanding of payroll and payroll tax processes
- Construction payroll experience preferred
Payroll Administrator Compensation
- Competitive compensation package dependent on experience and work history.
- Premium employee benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, 401(k), vacation, and sick time.
To view other jobs in Michigan, click HERE