Mechanical Preconstruction Project Manager (Tampa, Florida) Position Overview:
The Mechanical Preconstruction Project Manager (Tampa, Florida) coordinates all aspects of the mechanical scope of construction projects and leads the process of coordination with other disciplines (Electrical, Plumbing, F/S, Structural, Architectural, etc).
Mechanical Preconstruction Project Manager Responsibilities
- Manage VDC processes for large projects.
- Lead coordination meetings, run clash for all disciplines, assign responsibility for each clash to be resolved.
- Coordinate solutions by applying industry knowledge while considering customer needs and budgeting requirements.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate parties, including both the client and the VDC team, in order to accomplish tasks.
- Work hand in hand with the engineering and VDC teams to drive process and provide constructability review of systems.
- Provide support to filed personnel as needed. Coordinate submission of plans with construction team.
- Work with mechanical detailers to produce ductwork fabrication plans, shop drawing installation plans, sleeve plans, spool plans, etc.
- Provide quality control review of all outgoing construction plans.
- Maintain record and update project with all relevant RFI’s, ASI’s Addendum updates, etc
Mechanical Preconstruction Project Manager Requirements
- 8-10 Years of experience in the mechanical construction industry with 2-3 years experience in estimating/marketing/pre-construction.
- Experience working on large-scale construction projects with leading national general contractors.
- Strong fundamental understanding of mechanical and plumbing systems required including VRV, WSHP, and DX Split Systems.
- Proficient with Sysque (Strongly Preferred), Fabrication MEP, Revit, Bluebeam (PDF converter), and Navisworks Manage, as well as Microsoft Office
- Detailed knowledge of mechanical and plumbing standards. (IPC, IMC, IBC, ASHRAE, SMACNA, ASPE).
Mechanical Preconstruction Project Manager Compensation
- Dependent on experience and work history.
- Premium employee benefits.
- Relocation assistance opportunities available.