Human Resources Generalist (Portland, Oregon)
Human Resources Generalist (Portland, Oregon) Position Overview:
The Human Resources Generalist (Portland, Oregon) will provide oversight and leadership for HR policies, procedures, practices, and programs; implement and complete HR and skilled trades recruiting goals and objectives; and maintain compliance within all HR functions.
Human Resources Generalist Responsibilities
- Develops, implements, and updates Recruiting Plans to include a craft staffing forecast for project management and HR.
- Creating onboarding plans and educating newly hired employees on HR policies, internal procedures and regulations
- Effectively utilizes internet, social media, and other on-line resources to post jobs externally.
- Schedules interviews and conducts applicant interviews per company and federal EEO guidelines.
- Maintains timely Applicant Tracking System (iCIMS) updates to include reasons for application rejections, interviews scheduled/results, and recording of final dispositions in compliance with company policies.
- Completes all pre-employment activities to include providing candidates with company information regarding pay and benefits offered, requesting offer letters; and processing criminal conviction background checks and previous employment verification checks in compliance with FCRA.
- Completion of additional duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by management.
Human Resources Generalist Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (Human Resources preferred or related) or equivalent combination of recent experience and training with current PHR or SHRM-CP certification
- 4-6 years recent HR generalist experience with an understanding of HR functions, policies, products, and services
- 2-4 years skilled trades recruiting experience in the construction industry (or similar frontline hourly skilled labor force) and internet recruiting experience
- Current knowledge of federal/state/local employment laws and computer/internet/related software WORD, EXCEL, PPT
Human Resources Generalist Compensation
- Dependent on experience and work history.
- Benefits include health, dental, life, disability, and employer-matched 401k.
- Relocation assistance opportunities may be available.