General Superintendent – Underground Utilities Position Overview:
The General Superintendent – Underground Utilities (Southeastern United States) ensures that multiple projects progress according to schedule and plan. The General Superintendent will provide direct field supervision of all phases of earthwork, site construction, and underground utility construction.
General Superintendent – Underground Utilities Responsibilities:
- Examine plans and provide technical guidance regarding the installation of electrical systems within time and budget parameters.
- Assist in developing and enforcing budgets set for the project goals.
- Oversee all projects through onsite superintendents.
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule the activities of electricians, laborers and operators, managing underground and surface electrical crews, and provided daily work task instructions/schedule to ensure equipment and materials were installed per design.
- Develop job project schedule/man loading in conjunction with job superintendent.
- Work with project manager and project superintendent to ensure project stays on schedule.
- Monitor cost codes on weekly basis and review results with superintendents.
- Identify the needs and provide training and guidance for the project superintendents.
General Superintendent – Underground Utilities Requirements
- At least 5 years experience working as a Superintendent on underground utility projects
- Experience in civil site construction, including the safe completion of heavy highway, earthwork, and underground utilities; familiarity with municipalities requirements and DOT specifications required.
- Outstanding organizational, leadership, and decision-making abilities.
- Stable employment history.
- Ability to travel
General Superintendent – Underground Utilities Compensation
- Aggressive compensation offered to the right candidate.
- Company truck or vehicle allowance.
- Relocation assistance available.
- Bonuses and incentive plans.