Financial Controller – Construction (St. Augustine, Florida)
Financial Controller – Construction (St. Augustine, Florida) Position Overview:
The Financial Controller – Construction (St. Augustine, Florida) is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Controller supervises a professional team and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
Financial Controller Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with general contractors and customers.
- Proactively identifies and vets new business opportunities.
- Visits job sites to obtain information for scope definition and estimating.
- Meets with general contractors and customers to further understand needs.
- Prepares or oversees the development or completion of detailed scope documents, RFPs, RFIs, quotes, and estimates.
- Participates in pre-bid, post-bid and project take-off meetings.
- Periodically attends project status meetings and site visits.
- Ensures an effective hand off to internal partners upon completion of the estimating process.
- Maintains a strong understanding of market factors (pricing, materials, labor, etc.).
- Utilizes internal systems to maintain project documentation and historical trends.
Financial Controller Qualifications
- Experience as a Controller in the construction industry.
- Experience with job costing and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, but not required
- Quickbooks experience.
Financial Controller Compensation
- Dependent on experience and work history.