Electrical Technical Project Specialist (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) Position Overview:
The Electrical Technical Project Specialist (TPS) is responsible for performing duties associated with Electrical Testing, System Analysis and Project Management functions. The TPS provides customer installation and electrical testing, plans work, performs estimation and supervises execution of project plans. The TPS has an understanding of the Commercial, Industrial and Utility markets.
Electrical Technical Project Specialist Responsibilities
- Develop general work plan for each project which includes scope, general commissioning outline, items to be procured, installed and tested as well as the tests to be performed.
- Competent in reading architectural, structural and electrical plans and specifications and be familiar with a variety of electrical systems and terminology.
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring for field personnel.
- Lead field personnel in testing and commissioning activities.
- Competency in diagnosing problems and determining appropriate action plan to resolve.
- Understanding and industry knowledge with: Circuit Breakers LV/MV/HV, CT’s, VT’s, transformers, switchgear, motors.
- Experience with the following test equipment: Power Factor, Ductor, Megger, CT Ratio & Saturation, Hi-Pot, and Circuit Breaker Timing.
- Perform bi-weekly reviews of work completed and in process.
- Prepare project cost estimates and schedules for electrical services and other projects as required.
- Perform short circuit, coordination and arc flash studies in accordance with NFPA-70E.
- Able to maintain and cultivate customer relationships.
- Assist with other project support as needed.
- Assume additional tasks that are assigned by the manager or which are logically inherent to this position.
Electrical Technical Project Specialist Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High proficiency in electrical construction and maintenance.
- Proficient in Low and Medium voltage Switchgear testing, applications and operations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
- Proficient in Project Management and Project Estimating.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Paladin or other Arc-Flash software a plus.
Electrical Technical Project Specialist Compensation
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Compensation dependent on experience and work history.