Electrical General Superintendent – Data Center (St. Paul, Minnesota) Position Overview:
The Electrical General Superintendent – Data Center (St. Paul, Minnesota) will oversee all aspects of the planning, implementation, and completion of infrastructure upgrades, expansions, and new construction for data center projects. The Electrical General Superintendent ensures that multiple projects progress according to plan.
Electrical General Superintendent – Data Center Responsibilities
- Examine plans and provide technical guidance regarding the installation of electrical systems within time and budget parameters
- Assist in developing and enforcing budgets set for the project goals
- Oversee all projects through onsite superintendents
- Develop job project schedule/man loading in conjunction with job superintendent
- Work with project manager and project superintendent to ensure project stays on schedule
- Monitor cost codes on weekly basis and review results with superintendents
- Meet with owners/general contractors regularly to build relationships
- Review individual performance of each employee on a yearly basis and make recommendations for promotions, demotions, terminations or wage adjustments
- Interview prospective new employees
- Monitor production schedules and critical paths for projects
- Ensure the implementation of QA/QC documents
- Directly supervise 5+ supervisors and indirectly 150+ employees
Electrical General Superintendent – Data Center Requirements
- 5+ years experience as a General Superintendent running multimillion dollar electrical construction projects; mission critical projects/data center projects preferred.
- Must have a proven track record of profitability.
- Must have an active journeyman or master electrician license.
- Proficient knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC), local codes and construction safety requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as contract documents, specifications, contracts, and shop drawings.
- Stable employment history.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license
Electrical General Superintendent – Data Center Compensation
- Competitive compensation based on experience.
- Comprehensive employee benefits.
- Vehicle/fuel allowance.
- Relocation assistance opportunities may be available.