Electrical Safety Coordinator (Meriden, Connecticut)
Electrical Safety Coordinator (Meriden, Connecticut) Position Overview:
The Electrical Safety Coordinator (Meriden, Connecticut) will perform compliance reviews and provide guidance to installation supervision to assist in creating and maintaining a safe work environment for all company personnel as well as the appropriate level of situational awareness, knowledge, and preparedness to perform work safely and injury-free.
Electrical Safety Coordinator Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting in the overall coordination and enforcement of environmental health and safety programs at all job sites to assure compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and institutional policies, including all applicable federal, state, and local legislation and codes governing environmental health and safety.
- Travels to job sites and conducts on-site reviews and audits of job site safety for existing or potential accident or health hazards assesses risk potential of hazards and recommends corrective or preventive mitigation measures.
- Assists in leading the investigation and analysis of accident/incident and injuries, and developing recurrence prevention programs and procedures.
- Compiles, maintains and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Compiles all safety-related reports/paperwork from job sites and maintains safety files/records.
- Recommends changes in policies and procedures to prevent accidents and illness.
- Interacts with all division superintendents, project managers, and division managers regarding safety issues with field personnel.
Electrical Safety Coordinator Qualifications
- 5+ years Transmission & Distribution experience.
- Working knowledge of electrical transmission and distribution and understands safety protocols/practices associated with electrical work (LOTO, NFPA 70e, ArcFlash, IMSA, NYS, MUTCD, etc.).
- Certifications preferred but not required: CSP, CUSP, CHST
- Current status as Authorized OSHA OTI 500 Construction Outreach Trainer preferred but not required
- Ability to travel
Electrical Safety Coordinator Compensation
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Compensation dependent on experience and work history.
- Company vehicle or vehicle allowance.
- Relocation assistance opportunities may be available.
To view other Electrical Safety opportunities, click HERE