Electrical Project Manager – Utility (Plainfield, New Jersey)
Electrical Project Manager – Utility (Plainfield, New Jersey) Position Overview:
The Electrical Project Manager – Utility (Plainfield, New Jersey) is responsible for the overall direction and execution of utility transmission and distribution projects consistent with company strategy, core values, project commitments, and project goals.
Electrical Project Manager – Utility Responsibilities
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Develop full-scale project plans, including timelines, tasks, resources, and budget.
- Effective coordination with airport stakeholders, FAA, teaming partners, scheduling, construction administration, and construction management.
- Negotiate & resolve issues related to Change Orders, Requests for Information, Contract Scope of Work in a timely manner.
- Lead the planning and implementation of the project.
- Manage project budget and participate in monthly review meetings.
- Track and report on project performance to all stakeholders.
- Proactively identify project risks and solutions.
- Conducting site walks for quality assurance and project reviews
- Conduct project evaluations and assessment of results to identify improvement opportunities
- Manage all closeout procedures including documentation, filing, record drawings, construction cost database input, follow-up marketing, and team debriefing.
- Drive division profitability through effective project execution.
Electrical Project Manager – Utility Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of utility system equipment, engineering, construction, pricing, and operation
- Union background preferred.
- Ability to manage/run multiple projects as required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Primavera, or other scheduling software.
- Must possess a firm knowledge and be fluent in estimating.
- Journeyman or Master Electrician’s license a plus.
Electrical Project Manager – Utility Compensation
- Dependent on experience and work history
- Comprehensive employee benefits
To view other opportunities in New Jersey, click HERE
To view other Project Management opportunities, click HERE