Electrical Project Manager – Transportation (Washington, DC) Position Overview:
The Electrical Project Manager – Transportation (Washington, DC) is responsible for the overall direction and execution of specific construction projects consistent with company strategy, core values, project commitments and project goals. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of gaining customers and maintaining solid relationships with Owners, General Contractors, Vendors & Subcontractors.
Electrical Project Manager Responsibilities
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Develop full scale project plans, including timelines, tasks, resources and budget.
- Assemble and coordinate project staff and provide team direction.
- Negotiate & resolve issues related to Change Orders, Requests for Information, Contract Scope of Work in a timely manner.
- Lead the planning and implementation of project.
- Manage project budget and participate in monthly review meetings.
- Track and report on project performance to all stakeholders.
- Proactively identify project risks and solutions.
- Maintain rapport with architects, engineers, and general contractors to ensure customer satisfaction, quality of service and long-term relations.
- Conducting site walks for quality assurance and project reviews
- Conduct project evaluations and assessment of results to identify improvement opportunities
- Manage all closeout procedures including: documentation, filing, record drawings, construction cost database input, follow-up marketing and team debriefing.
- Drive division profitability through effective project execution.
Electrical Project Manager Qualifications
- 3+ years experience with large electrical construction projects valued at or above $5 million (Heavy highway or airport construction experience preferred)
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional computer skills.
- Primavera P6, Project, Viewpoint, AutoCAD, Navis, Bluebeam, HeavyBid, or ConEst experience
Electrical Project Manager Compensation
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Compensation dependent on experience and work history.
- Relocation assistance opportunities available.