Electrical Project Manager (Houston, Texas)
The Electrical Project Manager (Houston, Texas) provides overall management in all phases of construction for one or more commercial electrical projects and develops new business opportunities relative to a particular Client, group of Clients or geographical area.
Electrical Project Manager Responsibilities
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Develop full scale project plans, including timelines, tasks, resources and budget.
- Assemble and coordinate project staff and provide team direction.
- Mentor, develop and train project engineers for fast-paced growth.
- Negotiate & resolve issues related to Change Orders, Requests for Information, Contract Scope of Work in a timely manner.
- Lead the planning and implementation of project.
- Manage project budget and participate in monthly review meetings.
- Track and report on project performance to all stakeholders.
- Proactively identify project risks and solutions.
- Key point of contact with owner and architect on the project level.
- Conducting site walks for quality assurance and project reviews
- Conduct project evaluations and assessment of results to identify improvement opportunities
- Must understand the commissioning and close out processes as it pertains to Mission Critical.
- Drive division profitability through effective project execution.
Electrical Project Manager Qualifications
- 5+ years experience with large commercial projects $5M+ (including mission critical, ground-up construction, and remodeling)
- Understanding of Mission Critical terminology and creation of Method of Procedures (MOP’s)
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to manage/run multiple projects as required.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (Prolog or similar), accounting cost management software (CMIC or similar), and scheduling software (Microsoft Project, Primavera or similar).
- Must possess a firm knowledge and be fluent in estimating.
- Journeyman or Master Electrician’s license a plus.
Electrical Project Manager Compensation
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Recognition programs
- Relocation assistance opportunities may be available.