Electrical Project Manager – Utility (Fort Lauderdale, Florida) Position Overview:
The Electrical Project Manager – Utility (Fort Lauderdale, Florida) is responsible for the overall direction and execution of specific construction projects consistent with company strategy, core values, project commitments and project goals.
Electrical Project Manager – Utility Responsibilities
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Develop full scale project plans, including timelines, tasks, resources and budget.
- Effective coordination with airport stakeholders, FAA, teaming partners, scheduling, construction administration and construction management.
- Negotiate & resolve issues related to Change Orders, Requests for Information, Contract Scope of Work in a timely manner.
- Lead the planning and implementation of project.
- Manage project budget and participate in monthly review meetings.
- Track and report on project performance to all stakeholders.
- Proactively identify project risks and solutions.
- Conducting site walks for quality assurance and project reviews
- Conduct project evaluations and assessment of results to identify improvement opportunities
- Manage all closeout procedures including: documentation, filing, record drawings, construction cost database input, follow-up marketing and team debriefing.
- Drive division profitability through effective project execution.
Electrical Project Manager – Utility Qualifications
- 5+ years experience with large-scale electrical construction projects.
- Experience with DOT or airport work preferred.
- Experience with unit price work required.
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to manage/run multiple projects as required.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional computer skills.
- Must possess a firm knowledge and be fluent in estimating.
- Journeyman or Master Electrician’s license a plus.
Electrical Project Manager – Utility Compensation
- Dependent on experience and work history
- Lodging when traveling is provided along with a per diem for meals
- Comprehensive employee benefits