Electrical Preconstruction Project Manager (Tampa, Florida) Position Overview:
The Electrical Preconstruction Project Manager (Tampa, Florida) plays an integral role in completing construction projects successfully and is primarily responsible for providing detailed coordination and installation designs for all electrical systems. The Electrical Preconstruction Project Manager closely interacts with project management and customers on a regular basis to provide innovative solutions and solve conflicts in a cost-effective manner.
Electrical Preconstruction Project Manager Responsibilities
- Lead for multiple projects in preconstruction phases; this position may oversee others.
- Provide coordination and design for temporary power, power, systems, lighting, distribution, equipment sizing layout, value engineering, peer review, and job site coordination.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant codes and standards; ensure compliance.
- Review load, voltage drop, short circuit, and lighting calculations.
- Coordinate with the project management team and discuss implications of design decisions.
- Develop coordination and installation drawings per established standards.
- Coordinate with clients, consultants and project personnel; attend project meetings.
- Review legal contracts, scopes of work, specifications, plans, and pertinent jurisdictional codes: design code and contract compliant, cost-effective systems.
Electrical Preconstruction Project Manager Requirements
- Ten years of relevant electrical experience.
- Experience as an MEP coordinator or superintendent with a general contractor is preferred, but not required.
- Must have excellent knowledge of the NEC and be familiar with IBC, IECC and life safety codes.
- Ability to prioritize and require minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Electrical Preconstruction Project Manager Compensation
- Dependent on experience and work history.
- Premium employee benefits.
- Relocation assistance opportunities available.