Electrical Utility General Superintendent (Fort Lauderdale, Florida) Position Overview:
The Electrical Utility General Superintendent (Fort Lauderdale, Florida) ensures that multiple projects progress according to schedule and plan. The Electrical Utility General Superintendent is responsible for the oversight of all field activities including: organization, management, and execution of work; as well as leading, motivating and overseeing all aspects of the planning, implementation, and completion of electrical projects.
Electrical Utility General Superintendent Responsibilities:
- Examine plans and provide technical guidance regarding the installation of electrical systems within time and budget parameters
- Assist in developing and enforcing budgets set for the project goals
- Oversee all projects through onsite superintendents
- Develop job project schedule/man loading in conjunction with job superintendent
- Work with project manager and project superintendent to ensure project stays on schedule
- Monitor cost codes on weekly basis and review results with superintendents
- Meet with owners/general contractors regularly to build relationships
- Review individual performance of each employee on a yearly basis and make recommendations for promotions, demotions, terminations or wage adjustments
- Interview prospective new employees
- Monitor production schedules and critical paths for projects
- Ensure the implementation of QA/QC documents
- Identify the needs and provide training and guidance for the project superintendents
Electrical Utility General Superintendent Requirements
- Must have 10+ years experience with utilities, power infrastructure, and/or renewable energy field supervision.
- Must have a proven track record of profitability.
- Must have an active journeyman or master electrician license.
- Proficient knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC), local codes and construction safety requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as contract documents, specifications, contracts, and shop drawings.
- Ability to communicate effectively with field workers and office workers.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Stable employment history.
Electrical Utility General Superintendent Compensation
- Aggressive compensation offered for the right candidate.
- Relocation assistance available.
- Bonuses and incentive plans.