Electrical Estimator – Industrial Service (Raleigh, North Carolina)
Electrical Estimator – Industrial Service (Raleigh, North Carolina) Overview:
The Electrical Estimator – Industrial Service (Raleigh, North Carolina) will collaborate with cross functioning teams to compile and enter all information required for estimates related to industrial and commercial electrical service projects.
Electrical Estimator Responsibilities
- Reviews and evaluates project plans and specifications, bid documents, and other relevant documents to identify what is needed to create a bid proposal when available.
- Assists with design of electrial service systems projects that are not fully designed.
- Calculates the cost of electrical construction based on reviewing and evaluating available documents and/or site conditions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, and personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Confers with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Requests material and equipment quotes from vendors and equipment suppliers.
- Reviews quotes to confirm adherence to quote specifications and accuracy of quotes received.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with vendors and clients.
- Prepares bid documents including specific scope letter for each project, evaluations with adjustments for buy-outs, labor rate, productivity, etc., and identifies any inconsistent issues, conflicts, and other problems
Electrical Estimator Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent, combined with the completion of an Electrical Apprenticeship Program and field experience, or a bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or similar studies
- Minimum 5+ years’ relevant experience related to commercial, industrial, and service projects
- Proficient in MS Suite & Outlook and experience utilizing Accubid and AutoCAD
Electrical Estimator Compensation
- Competitive compensation packages dependent on experience and work history.
- Premium employee benefits package.
To view other Estimating opportunities, click HERE
To view other opportunities in North Carolina, click HERE