Electrical Assistant Project Manager/Estimator (Orlando, Florida) Position Overview:
The Electrical Assistant Project Manager/Estimator (Orlando, Florida) is responsible for working on assigned projects. This includes working closely with the project managers on scheduling, purchasing, various reports for projects, estimating, submittals and O&M’s; all as required for assigned projects.
Electrical Assistant Project Manager/Estimator Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret job plans and specifications to develop complete and accurate takeoff and prepare bids for the electrical construction of projects utilizing the material and labor based on information from the takeoff.
- Provide post bid follow up on projects; negotiate scope and pricing with clients, provide value engineering and/or scope modifications for projects.
- Interact with construction team through the budgeting and kickoff process and as necessary throughout project.
- Prepare estimates on multiple projects concurrently.
- Assist in writing quotations and project proposals, estimating projects when necessary, review of contracts, setting up projects in relevant software applications, working with project managers, on-site foreman, and general contractors on assigned work.
- Work with the Production and Field teams; Project Managers, Site Superintendents and Field Staff
- Design participation, pre-construction, construction and testing coordination
- Assist Project Managers in managing projects, subcontracts, suppliers and inspectors to meet construction deadlines and client expectations
- Assist Project Manager in reviewing design documents, plans, specifications, estimates, schedules and reports
- Coordinate with change order cost estimates, preparing related reports, budgeting and accounting practices
- Develop professional documents; edit and proof written materials; prepare and maintain complete reports and records
Electrical Assistant Project Manager/Estimator Qualifications
- Knowledge of base principle of scheduling, project management for construction and electric materials is a plus
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Email, Technical Writing and Scheduling software)
- 2 plus years minimum related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Electrical Assistant Project Manager/Estimator Compensation
- Dependent on experience and work history
- Relocation assistance opportunities may be available.
To view other Electrical Project Manager opportunities, click HERE
To view other Electrical Estimator opportunities, click HERE
To view other opportunities in Florida, click HERE