DOT Electrical Project Manager / Estimator (Omaha, Nebraska) Position Overview:
The DOT Electrical Project Manager / Estimator (Omaha, Nebraska) is responsible for the overall direction and execution of specific construction projects consistent with company strategy, core values, project commitments and project goals. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of gaining customers and maintaining solid relationships with Owners, General Contractors, Vendors & Subcontractors.
DOT Electrical Project Manager / Estimator Responsibilities
- Read and interpret job plans and specifications to develop complete and accurate takeoff and prepare bids for the electrical construction of projects utilizing the material and labor based on information from the takeoff.
- Provide post bid follow up on projects; negotiate scope and pricing with clients, provide value engineering and/or scope modifications for projects.
- Interact with construction team through the budgeting and kickoff process and as necessary throughout project.
- Prepare estimates on multiple projects concurrently.
- Develop full scale project plans, including timelines, tasks, resources and budget.
- Negotiate & resolve issues related to Change Orders, Requests for Information, Contract Scope of Work in a timely manner.
- Maintain rapport with architects, engineers, and general contractors to ensure customer satisfaction, quality of service and long-term relations.
- Manage all closeout procedures including: documentation, filing, record drawings, construction cost database input, follow-up marketing and team debriefing.
- Drive division profitability through effective project execution.
DOT Electrical Project Manager / Estimator Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in complete electrical estimating/managing projects including:
- Airport Electrical: Runway/Taxiway lighting, vaults, control systems, MALSR/PAPI, etc.
- Commercial and Industrial Power and Site Lighting
- Traffic Signal Infrastructure: Detection, Blutooth Devices, RSU, Adaptive Traffic Control Systems.
- ITS: DMS Signs, Vehicle Detection, MVDS Systems, Traffic Monitoring, CCTVs, Interconnects, RSU, Backhauls, RWIS/ESS Environmental Sensors, Curve Speed Warning
- Fiber Optic Systems
DOT Electrical Project Manager / Estimator Compensation
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Compensation dependent on experience and work history.
- Relocation assistance opportunities.
To view other Electrical Estimator opportunities, click HERE
To view other Electrical Project Manager opportunities, click HERE
To view other opportunities in Nebraska, click HERE