Director of Preconstruction (Atlanta, Georgia) Position Overview:
The Director of Preconstruction (Atlanta, Georgia) leads the electrical estimating department. Responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising all personnel in the department while ensuring adherence to best practices and procedures.
This position is a great opportunity for a long-term thinker to develop leadership, participate in a broad range of project planning services, and grow with the company.
Director of Preconstruction Responsibilities
- Manage and administer department functions including operating budgets, staffing, wage reviews, work assignments, performance evaluations, bid results, and archives.
- Provide preliminary project budgets and scopes of work during the conceptual and schematic design stages of a project.
- Manage incoming projects to bid, assign take-off responsibilities, and work assignments to estimators.
- Work with Director of Field Operations and Direction of VDC to establish prefab database assemblies and standardize materials being used.
- Assist Executives and Business Development to determine what types of projects to bid, strategies, techniques, etc.
- Review all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal quotation.
- Perform evaluations of department personnel to set goals and training needs.
- Participate in presentations to corporate management and Clients.
Director of Preconstruction Qualifications
- Minimum of 7 years of conceptual estimating electrical projects up to $10M and larger.
- Experience leading estimating teams at various stages of design.
Director of Preconstruction Compensation
- Competitive compensation packages dependent on experience and work history.
- Health, dental, life, disability, and 401(K).
- Vehicle allowance.
- Incentive programs.
- Relocation assistance available.
To view other job opportunities in Georgia, click HERE
To view other Preconstruction opportunities, click HERE