Director of Construction – Solar (Melbourne, Florida) Position Overview:
The Director of Construction – Solar (Melbourne, Florida) is responsible for all solar projects, construction activities, and personnel. In this role, you are accountable for assuring the availability of resources with proper expertise and tools to support assigned construction project execution.
Director of Construction Responsibilities
- Plan, staff, and supervise all construction activities
- Collaborate with Human Resources to recruit, interview, hire, train, career path, and mentor team members.
- Supervises all construction crew and project management to ensure product quality, adherence to schedules, effective job site supervision, and cost control.
- Manages and reviews all preconstruction activities which include engineering, design, means and methods, budgeting, scope creation, and all required bid documents.
- Assists with the preparation of construction budgets and schedules. Monitors and controls costs.
- Negotiates, authorizes, and manages work required by sub-contractors. Hires and/or terminates subcontracts. Negotiates and prepares contracts.
- Monitor and enforce corporate safety policies and promote safety with field personnel at all times.
Director of Construction Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience managing construction operations.
- Working knowledge of construction practices in solar with an emphasis on mechanical installation scopes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (BA) or Construction Management (CM) preferred.
- Ability to travel (this role will require up to 75% travel).
Director of Construction Compensation:
- Dependent on experience and work history.
- Comprehensive employee benefits.
- Bonus opportunities available.
- Relocation assistance may be available. Please inquire.
To view other Electrical Project Manager opportunities, click HERE
To view other opportunities in Florida, click HERE