Chief Operating Officer – Residential Service Company (New York City, New York) Position Overview:
The Chief Operating Officer – Residential Service Company (New York City, New York) is responsible for the post-acquisition operating activity of past and newly acquired operating companies. The COO will work closely with management teams to identify investments, implement new business processes, and identify best practices that will drive future growth of their business units. The ideal candidate will reside in the Mid-Atlantic states and be willing to be on the road visiting the various companies on a regular basis, and be willing to work from a home office when not on the road.
Chief Operating Officer Responsibilities
- Manage the operating residential service companies.
- Identify key metrics and report monthly to the Board.
- Ensure operating companies have appropriate labor, supplies, and deliver on their sales and EBITDA budget.
- Ensure operating companies offer best-in-class service, overseeing training, uniforms, and feedback loops.
- Establish the infrastructure to support the hub-and-spoke model.
- Develop and lead organic growth strategy, including marketing tactics to add customers in targeted locations to improve route density.
- Implement a common ERP system and other consolidated back-office efficiencies
- Facilitate integration for new acquisitions
- Develop annual budget with CFO and present progress to the Board each quarter.
Chief Operating Officer Qualifications
- College degree
- Prior Private Equity exposure in a buy-and-build platform.
- Previous experience managing a residential services company (e.g. HVAC, plumbing, pool service, pest control, landscaping, irrigation, electrical)
- Strong fundamental understanding of P&L management and forecasting, roll-up acquisition accounting processes.
- Ability to travel around the Mid-Atlantic to visit company locations.
Chief Operating Officer Compensation
- Aggressive base salary plus equity package.
- Premium employee benefits package.
- Relocation assistance may be available, please inquire.