Chief Electrical Estimator (San Diego, California) $15,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Chief Electrical Estimator (San Diego, California) Position Overview
The Chief Electrical Estimator (San Diego, California) is the main contact for the electrical estimating team and has overall responsibility for our client’s budgets and estimates. This position will lead and oversee teams to prepare cost estimates for large, complex electrical construction projects in the planning, design & construction phase, and to produce complete bid proposals.
Chief Electrical Estimator Responsibilities:
- Direct a team of estimators for timely and accurate completion of electrical estimates.
- Perform budget pricing from schematic drawings and narrative.
- Draft scope letters, proposals and vendor solicitations.
- Attend job walks; pre-bid meetings; collaborations and conferences with clients and design professionals.
- Train and develop skills of estimators and estimator trainees.
- Reinforce and communicate company standards for estimating electrical design/build and plans and specs work.
- Maintain and upgrade the company estimating system, database (units and prices), and assemblies.
- Provide estimating system training for all estimators, project managers, and others as necessary.
Chief Electrical Estimator Qualifications:
- 10+ years of design/build electrical estimating experience on commercial, institutional, and public works projects ranging up to $50M+
- Design / Build experience
- Extensive experience with Excel, Word and one of the major computerized estimating programs (e.g., Accubid, LiveCount, ConEst)
- Analytical, problem-solving mentality
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service
Chief Electrical Estimator Compensation:
- Competitive compensation package dependent on experience and work history; including a $15,000 Sign-On Bonus!
- Health, dental, life, disability, and 401(K).
- Incentive programs.
- Relocation available!