Branch Recruiter (Houston, Texas) Position Overview:
The Branch Recruiter (Houston, Texas) develops and implements recruiting plans to staff all open requisitions for field craft worker positions (electricians, mechanics, helpers, and registered apprentices) and some management positions as directed by HR. Ensures all branch recruiting activities are completed in compliance with company policies, procedures, and federal EEO/AA employment laws.
Branch Recruiter Responsibilities
- Performs all functions related to the recruiting process and assures compliance with all company hiring policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements open requisition and pipeline recruiting activities and reviews recommendations for new recruiting strategies with HR to ensure projects are staffed with qualified craft workers as needed.
- Develops, implements, and updates Recruiting Plans to include a craft staffing forecast for project management and HR.
- Effectively utilizes internet, social media, and other on-line resources to post jobs externally.
- Schedules interviews and conducts applicant interviews per company and federal EEO guidelines.
- Maintains timely Applicant Tracking System (iCIMS) updates to include reasons for application rejections, interviews scheduled/results, and recording of final dispositions in compliance with company policies.
- Completes all pre-employment activities to include providing candidates with company information regarding pay and benefits offered, requesting offer letters; and processing criminal conviction background checks and previous employment verification checks in compliance with FCRA.
- Completion of additional duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by management.
Branch Recruiter Qualifications
- 2 years skilled trades staffing experience required, electrical industry experience preferred.
- Professional Recruiting Certification (PRC) a plus.
- 1 year experience using Applicant Tracking and Pipeline Recruiting software desired.
- Current knowledge of computer systems, MS Office, internet navigation, social media applications, federal/state/local employment laws and FCRA required.
- Strong communication (oral and written) and detailed organizational skills required.
- Must be hands-on, self-starter with ability to manage multiple priorities/projects and have ability to collaborate, communicate, and build working relationships with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and judgment when dealing with sensitive employment issues.
Branch Recruiter Compensation
- Dependent on experience and work history.
- Benefits include health, dental, life, disability, and employer-matched 401k.
- Relocation assistance opportunities available.