Access Installation Technician (Naples, Florida) Position Overview:
The Access Installation Technician (Naples, Florida) will be responsible for the new installation of most access control systems and reports to the Project Manager.
Access Installation Technician Responsibilities
- Remove old access control equipment including controllers, telephone entry systems, locks, and operators.
- Install new access control equipment.
- Run wire as necessary in accordance with sound practices and local codes.
- Ensure proper power and a clean installation at the controllers and in the junction boxes.
- Help the project manager with communication to onsite management and staff.
- Provide a plan for upgrading/installation with consideration for the property’s current access and security.
- Oversee and direct helper when on the jobsite.
- Accurately record all time on the jobsite and track additional materials needed or change orders.
Access Installation Technician Qualifications
- Ability to read blueprints
- Knowledge of electronics and excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong organizational, time-management, and problem-solving skills
- Technical degree in electronics or equivalent work experience
- Experience performing installation duties in commercial security or related industries
- Valid driver’s license with clear driving record
- Ability to drive to and from work office and work sites