The Electrical Quality Control (QC) Specialist will conduct independent audits to evaluate and improve the productivity, quality and customer relations on all Power Design projects. The QC Specialist will ensure quality work is consistently delivered to meet and exceed our customer’s needs and expectations.
- Prepare for evaluation by gathering and reviewing contract documents, reports and coordination drawings, as well as meeting with key personnel to discuss project specifics.
- Follow work program steps for each electrical scope to determine if job conditions meet expectations.
- Identify and document any items observed needing improvement/attention in addition to specific work program items.
- Provide training on installation methods and/or best practices to project team when needed.
- Represent the Quality Assurance department positively through interaction with Project Superintendent and Foreman.
- Deliver accurate and concise evaluation reports and photo documentation.
- Communicate with customer prior to evaluation, while on site, and following evaluation to discuss progress, satisfaction and needs.
- Meet with executive management and project team to communicate evaluation results and recommend action plans for improvement.
- Render impartial and unbiased judgment by remaining independent and objective.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Solid knowledge of multi-family electrical industry and NEC, IAEI codes.
- 7+ years electrical experience.
- Journeyman electrician’s license required, master electrician’s license preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and quality driven.
- Able to travel up to 50% of time.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required. Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to interact with employees of all levels, from field personnel to executive management.
- Dependent on experience and work history.
- Comprehensive employee benefits.
- Relocation assistance opportunities may be available.