Our client, a top 25 electrical contractor, is in search of an Operations / Branch Manager. This position is based in Kansas City, Missouri.
The Operations / Branch Manager will oversee multiple projects at a time and is responsible for the overall administrative and technical direction of site operations as well as planning, coordinating and directing the entire engineering and construction effort to ensure each project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Advanced planning for projects
- Detailed scope, schedule and budget management and controls for each project
- Customer and subcontractor contract management
- Hire, manage and measure resources including labor, equipment, and subcontractors
- Direct, measure, and report progress towards project goals
- Manage and mentor project managers and site superintendents
- Maximize resource efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure Site safety and security
- Ensure proper close out of projects
- Communicate with customers project status and diplomatically handle customer concerns
- Refine and maintain robust Operations & Maintenance procedures for Service & O&M contracts
- Maintain all necessary training and certifications for engineering and construction staff
- Ensure Compliance & Policy – OSHA, State and Federal standards, drug testing
- Assist business development in the proposal process to ensure customer deadlines are met
- Meet or beat project budgets
- Anticipate and minimize cost overruns
- Regular review of project financial performance
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction or equivalent relevant experience
- At least 7+ years experience in electrical construction.
- Track record of successfully managing operations for electrical construction.
- Understanding of Project accounting and controls
- Risk assessment policies and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Able to resolve staffing issues, customer issues, or 3rd party issues that may arise
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to travel when required
- Competitive salary dependent on experience and work history
- Comprehensive employee benefits
- Relocation assistance is available