Goliath Construction Consulting, Inc is a national electrical construction search firm recruiting for the nation’s top electrical contractors, engineering firms and systems focused organizations. Goliath has been retained to fill this position on behalf of our client.
The Electrical Engineering Manager will plan, organize and direct all activities for our client’s Engineering/Design Department and supervise up to 20 designers/engineers. The Electrical Engineering Manager is responsible for achievement of overall corporate objectives at the operational level insuring profitability and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Plan, staff and supervise all engineering and design activities including project management, quality control, budget compliance, and labor resources.
- Oversee total engineering and construction effort to ensure assigned projects are properly staffed, managed and documented per established company procedures.
- Provide operational solutions, authorize department operational procedures and approve and/or sponsor all major estimates assigned to department.
- Monitor performance against budgets for assigned department work segments and monitor cost analysis activities on a routine basis.
- Responsible for the level of quality of electrical design deliverables nationally.
- Ensure engineering and design meets all applicable codes, standards and specifications for the project.
- Assign and coordinate work across engineering staff and project managers.
- Manage engineering software vendor relationships
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer license
- 10+ years related experience (Healthcare, Data Center, and Industrial Design experience preferred)
- Proficient working knowledge of the NEC, and other related Electrical design standards.
- Proficient working knowledge of electrical construction materials and methods
- Previous demonstrated leadership skills managing a design engineering team that produces conceptual designs and detailed construction installation documents.
- Proven experience managing large design/engineering projects meeting budget and time demands
- Dependent on experience and work history.