Responsible for ensuring the implementation, administration, and coordination of all safety policies and programs including safety training for all branches and related projects within electrical division. Monitors compliance with all company safety policies and procedures and federal and state OSHA standards and regulations. Provides general supervision to branch Division Safety Managers. Leads in analyzing, evaluating, and addressing workplace hazards & accidents.
- Assist all division safety managers and general managers with implementation of and compliance with all safety policies, procedures and programs within their branch.
- Assist division safety managers in working with current and/or potential clients as needed.
- Provide oversight in branch development of safety action plans to correct any non-compliance issues and assist as needed with implementation of all plans developed.
- Deliver OSHA 10, 30 hour, new employee orientation and other safety training as needed and/or required by company, OSHA, state or local safety standards.
- Coordinate the updating and development of safety training for management and field personnel in accident prevention techniques, compliance with safety policies, procedures and programs and federal and state standards.
- Supervises & evaluates performance of branch division safety managers.
- Conduct and coordinate incident investigations on reported injuries, incidents and accidents.
- Responsible to assure proper OSHA recordkeeping is kept at each location as required by 29 CFR 1904 standards, appropriate OSHA 300A summaries are posted annually in accordance with 29 CFR 1904 OSHA Recordkeeping Standards.
- Participate in quarterly claims review in regards to open claims within their division.
- Responsible to assure fleet safety training is given to all drivers as required by company policy.
- Authorized OSHA OTI 500 Construction Outreach Trainer and status is current
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in construction industry safety with exposure to worker’s compensation systems required
- Must be computer literate
- Ability to travel (50%) to company branches and project sites
- Dependent on experience and work history
- Comprehensive employee benefits
- Relocation is available